Arizona Ready for College and Career (ARCC)
AMERICORPS – ARCC
The Arizona Ready for College and Career (ARCC) AmeriCorps Program is a statewide project providing direct service to students and families. The focus of ARCC is to increase college and career readiness for those most in need throughout Arizona through support of on-time high school graduation, post-secondary enrollment and career exploration options across Arizona. ARCC members assist with key college going steps including: exploring college and career options, FAFSA completion, scholarship searches, college applications, test preparation, and more.
Applications for members with an interest in education, youth development and college access are accepted on a rolling basis. Members receive training on college access from The Arizona College Access Network (AzCAN) and Northern Arizona University (NAU).
ARCC is currently accepting partner site applications for the 2020-2021 program year. ARCC offers a variety of positions types including: full time (1700 hours), reduced full time (1200 hours), half-time (900 hours) and quarter time (450 hours), to meet partner needs. Hosting an AmeriCorps member is a rewarding way to invest in the future workforce, expand your organization’s services and address community needs.
AMERICORP MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A 2-12 month opportunity to serve
- A bi-weekly living stipend
- A Segal Education Award upon completion of your service term
- Student Loan Forbearance & interest repayment for qualifying federal student loans
- Optional health coverage & childcare assistance (for Full-time positions)
- Professional development funds
ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICE
All AmeriCorps members are required to:
- Be 17 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent, Resident Alien
- Pass a fingerprint-based background check
For questions and more information on how to apply to serve as a member or become a partner site, please contact: AmeriCorps@nau.edu