Sleep Titan Scholarship
Sleep Titan is offering students a $1,000 scholarship.
Here are the details, as supplied by Sleep Titan:
The deadline for applying is December 31, 2018
The scholarship is non-renewable – However, sleeptitan.com will have a new scholarship every year.
How To Apply
- You will need to create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) and post it on YouTube following specific instructions.
Note: Don’t worry about the video quality. Any smartphone video camera will work just fine. It’s your creativity and spirit we are looking for!
Part 1 – Write an Introductory Single Page Document
- All applicants must answer the questions using full sentences. Using Word Doc, please create a single page document answering the following questions:
- What time do you usually wake up during the weekdays (on a typical week of school)?
- During the weekend, what time do you usually wake up to start your day?
- Do you ever feel like you could fall asleep in class? If so, what time(s) of day do you get sleepy?
- On average, how many hours a night did you sleep during finals week? Do you feel like it was enough, too much or too little?
- What’s typically the last activity you participate in before you go to bed each night?
- Have you been diagnosed with a sleep disorder?
- Do you feel like you have trouble sleeping? If yes, how has that affected you?
Part 2 – Create The Video – Capture a video (less than 5 minutes) that addresses the following:
- How does sleep affect your ability to learn?
- Research and cover at least four ways you think you should change your lifestyle/sleep hygiene habits to improve your sleep health and how you plan to implement them over the next year of your life.
- Discuss a time where sleep negatively affected your learning or memory.
- Please use research and statistics to back up your opinions.
- Bonus: What’s one thing you can do right now to improve your sleep quality?
Part 3 – Upload Your Video To YouTube
- You must follow the upload instructions carefully to be considered for the scholarship. The instructions are the following:
- Title (The YouTube title should be named as you see fit)
- Description Area (Include the exact text in the description area – “My application for the The Sleep Titan $1,000 Scholarship 2017 – https://www.sleeptitan.com/”)
Amount Awarded – $1,000
Deadline – December 31st, 2018
For additional information go to the Sleep Titan website.