The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) is the nation’s trusted source for education verification and student educational outcomes research.
More than 3,300 colleges and universities, enrolling more than 96% of all students in public and private U.S. institutions, participate in NSC. Specifically, approximate national enrolled student percentages for the following institutions are: 99% public, 93% private nonprofit, and 70% for-profit. Only the Clearinghouse can offer FERPA-compliant access to a nationwide coverage of enrollment and degree records – encompassing more than 110 million students and growing.
With data from the NSC you can track the following for your post-secondary students:
- Date of enrollment in college/university
- Enrollment status and major
- Graduation date and degree
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- High schools can get a yearly subscription with the National Student Clearinghouse for $425. Outreach programs can also subscribe directly with NSC at a cost ranging from $425 to $2,500 per year, based on program size and number of students to track. One of the benefits of AzCAN membership is reduced rates that work especially well for small organizations. AzCAN members are eligible for data at $0.30 per student record.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- AzCAN members enter into an agreement with AzCAN that allows them to submit student lists at two designated times per year along with other AzCAN members. The lists must be formatted according to NSC guidelines. NSC then compares the request files with its national database and provides matches on the enrollment and academic achievements of those students back to AzCAN for distribution to the requesting organization.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Contact AzCAN at email@example.com or by calling 602-687-7450