College Success Arizona Welcomes Six New Board Members
College Success Arizona is pleased to welcome six new members to their Board of Directors. This news follows the February 2 announcement that Achieve60AZ, Expect More Arizona, and College Success Arizona have pooled their resources and teams to become one organization. These individuals have previously served on the boards of Achieve60AZ and/or Expect More Arizona.
The enhanced organization will be renamed later this year and is developing a cohesive education agenda to reach the goals outlined in the Arizona Education Progress Meter, a shared source of information about where Arizona stands on key education metrics along the education continuum, from early learning through postsecondary education.
New board members joining are:
- Ron Butler, Arizona Managing Partner, Ernst & Young
- Darcy Renfro, Chief Workforce and Economic Development Officer, Maricopa County Community College District
- Charles “Monty” Roessel, President, Dine College
- Deanna Salazar, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Scott Vanderpool, Phoenix Market Executive, Bank of America
- Shelley Watson, Vice President, Southern Arizona Leadership Council
“I am thrilled to welcome these leaders to the board of College Success Arizona,” said Vince Roig, Chair of the College Success Arizona Board of Directors. “These business, workforce and education leaders expand the depth and reach of the existing board and bring a unified approach and shared accountability to needed education advancements and economic growth for the state.”
Learn more about out board here.